Oh, those truffle flavors!
I make chocolate truffles to order and can send overnight by mail; they are also available at the indoor market at Lincoln Square, Urbana IL, and at Strawberry Fields, also in Urbana.
Here are flavors I have made in the past:
- Peppermint: flavored with mint, creme de menthe, and freshly ground black pepper
- Brandy Lego bricks: these are self-explanatory, I imagine.
- Tangerine dream: tangerine based with a dollop of vegan cream cheese laced with maple syrup and vanilla
- Maple with spiced pecans: maple and whiskey flavors, topped with pecans toasted with brown sugar and spices
- Orange: chocolate flowers with orange and Grand Marnier
- Lemon-pistachio: lemon+limoncello topped with toasted pistachios
- Pomegranate: pomegranate flavor with a good dollop of pomegranate molasses, topped with Montmorency (sour) cherries
- Honey-almond: honey, almond, and amaretto flavors, with toasted sliced almonds
- Tequila-lime: as you would imagine, sprinkled with smoked salt
- Mocha-cardamom: coffee, coffee liqueur, cinnamon and cardamom — like Middle Eastern spiced coffee, only with chocolate!
- Hot spiced rum: rum flavoring with allspice, nutmeg, cinnamon, coriander, and a dollop of molasses, finished with chilli-lime sprinkles
- Fig-anise: Fig jam enlivened with subtle anise flavor and laced with 20-year-old balsamic vinegar — sounds odd but tastes amazing!
- Ginger: ground ginger, fresh ginger, ginger flavoring AND crystallized ginger on top!
- Raspberry Stars: raspberry and a touch of pomegranate molasses
- Bourbon Street Stars: bourbon flavoring with nutmeg, molasses, and a touch of chilli, dusted with brown sugar.
- Marzipan: a base flavored with buttered rum and amaretto, topped with marzipan
And, for those who can’t eat or dislike dairy, I make several flavors with avocado and coconut oil — or Earth Balance vegan spread — rather than butter:
- Lime-in-the-coconut — a dairy-free truffle flavored with lime, coconut, and avocado rather than butter — surprisingly delicious!
- Mocha-cardamom — with coffee, cardamom, and cinnamon
- Peppermint Stars — a delicate combination of essence of peppermint, creme de menthe and freshly ground pepper!
To order within Illinois or Indiana, give me a call at 805.440.5573.