Cherry Almond Cookies
My personal taste runs more to chocolate chip cookies, but it is good to have a change from time to time. (Apparently 17% of Americans don’t actually care for chocolate; all the more for the rest of us, that’s what I say!) This cookie recipe works especially well with dried Montmorency or other sour cherries rather than dried sweet cherries.
Prep takes ten minutes, plus 25-30 minutes in the oven; this quantity makes a couple of dozen large cookies.
One 18 oz jar of raw unsalted almond butter
One 33 oz jar of unsweetened applesauce – approximately 3½ cups
4 cups gluten-free rolled oats
2 tsp Vietnamese cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla powder or ½ tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350°F, and line two baking sheets with baking parchment or silicon mats.
2. Place all the ingredients together in a large bowl and mix until fully blended.
3. Using a large portioner or 1/3 cup measure, drop spoonfuls of batter onto the baking pan; wet your hands and flatten each cookie gently.
4. Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown.
5. Allow to cool for five minutes in the pan, and then on wire racks until fully cool. ‘
6. Store in an airtight tin or closely covered with plastic wrap.
For the printer-friendly .pdf, click HERE.