Roasted Cauliflower with Caraway Seeds
This is a remarkably good combination of flavors. It’s vegan and gluten-free; prep takes about ten minutes, cooking time is 40-45 minutes, and this quantity serves four as a main dish, and eight as a side dish.
1 large cauliflower cut into florets
2 Tbsp caraway seeds
Rind of two lemons, grated or finely chopped
4 Tbsp dried cranberries
1 cup parsley, finely chopped
Extra-virgin olive oil, to cook with
Sea salt, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Cut up the cauliflower into large florets; don’t worry if the pieces are all of different sizes.
3. In a bowl combine the florets with a generous glug or two of olive oil, the grated lemon rind, and the caraway seeds. Toss thoroughly to combine, ensuring all of the florets are coated with the oil and seeds.
4. Spread in a single layer on a baking dish and roast in the preheated oven for about 40 minutes, until the edges of the cauliflower are browned.
5. In the meantime, wash the parsley, drain, and pat it dry. Mince the parsley, and chop the cranberries roughly.
6. Use a fork to determine if the cauliflower is cooked enough. When ready to serve, toss with the parsley, cranberries, and a generous sprinkle of sea salt. Serve immediately.
For the printer-friendly file, click HERE.